Re: Tragedy in Texas
Posted by **bon bon** on Nov 6, 2017 at 7:50:29 PM:
In Reply to: Tragedy in Texas posted by **Winston OBoogie** on Nov 5, 2017 at 9:43:54 PM:
*We should all pray for the victims and their families affected by this lunatic that just walked into their church and started shooting..26 dead so far including the 14 year old daughter of the pastor. When the political and prejudicial division of our people ends, that's when this type of senseless violence will stop.
*ALL lives matter.
If praying makes you feel better, then by all means, pray your heart out.
I don't pray so telling me I *should* means nothing to me. So far, prayers haven't amounted to a hill of beans for the victims of the repeated mass shootings. Prayers are like funerals. They benefit the survivors, not the dead.
Roughly half of the victims of this murderous act included children, the youngest 18 months old. In church. On Sunday morning. Imagine an 18 month old child being slaughtered by an assault rifle in church.
This is our reality. Life in the U.S. includes random mass killings by psychotic individuals. This gunman was dishonorably discharged from the Air Force after being court martialed for abusing his girlfriend and fracturing the skull of her young son. And here he was, out living his life, buying guns and planning mass murder.
Nothing will stop it. Especially not "thoughts and prayers."
- Re: Tragedy in Texas - **Spiggy Topes** - Nov 7, 2017 at 4:49:56 AM
- Re: Tragedy in Texas - **bon bon** - Nov 7, 2017 at 12:32:40 PM
- Re: Tragedy in Texas - **Spiggy Topes** - Nov 8, 2017 at 1:49:20 AM
- Re: Tragedy in Texas - **Winston OBoogie** - Nov 7, 2017 at 5:12:12 PM
- Re: Tragedy in Texas - **bon bon** - Nov 7, 2017 at 5:32:39 PM
- Re: Tragedy in Texas - **Winston OBoogie** - Nov 7, 2017 at 7:14:38 PM
- Re: Tragedy in Texas - **comic relief** - Nov 8, 2017 at 3:09:05 AM
- Re: Tragedy in Texas - **bon bon** - Nov 7, 2017 at 7:18:52 PM
Home | Web Chat | Web Boards | Discography | Library | Quiz | Art & Poetry | Links | Store
Produced by Sam Choukri
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated on Nov 8, 2017