Re: Lennon Doesn't Like 'Hype'
Posted by **Beatles Fan Robert** on Jun 26, 2017 at 1:30:11 PM:
In Reply to: Re: Lennon Doesn't Like 'Hype' posted by **JSL** on Jun 26, 2017 at 11:32:49 AM:
**Alright it's make believe time. So John is still alive & makes a few comments about the "new Pepper". Ehile it's o.k Lennon went on to reiterate that it's not even his favorite album. " but it's on the charts so I guess it was better than I think of it."
* I could picture John saying "Ah the new remix is alright but you still haven't heard Pepper until you've heard it in mono."
* If John had remained cynical I could see him suggesting that every Beatle album wasn't quite as good as it was made out to be.:) But in the last few years of his life he was becoming more pro Beatles again so I think he would've lightened up about The Beatles.
I'm not sure that by the time he was in his 70's he would have given a damn, but that's just me. A better question is, was it at all necessary, and if it was, why the hell didn't they remix all the albums when releasing the so called definitive box set in 2009? Or was it all a cynical money grab to put more into the surviving member and widows (not to say the sons) coffers? Does anyone think that EMI/Apple could give a damn about what they are doing to the George Martin albums? They are historic relics as it is - I still wonder what sales will be like in the year 2050.
- Re: Lennon Doesn't Like 'Hype' - **JSL** - Jun 27, 2017 at 5:35:12 AM
- Re: Lennon Doesn't Like 'Hype' - **Beatles Fan Robert** - Jun 26, 2017 at 1:34:36 PM
- Re: Lennon Doesn't Like 'Hype' - **JSL** - Jun 27, 2017 at 5:36:33 AM
Home | Web Chat | Web Boards | Discography | Library | Quiz | Art & Poetry | Links | Store
Produced by Sam Choukri
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated on Jun 29, 2017