The U.S. version of Revolver
Posted by **JSL** on Mar 27, 2014 at 7:17:49 PM:
I was recently listening to the U.S. version of Revolver and thought to myself that listeners at the time must've thought that John nearly disappeared from the group. I mean even on most of the Capitol albums before hand John was pretty dominant but at the time the U.S. fans had no knowledge of what Capitol was doing in that three of the Lennon tracks meant for Revolver were put on Yesterday and Today.
But it's really hard to screw the Beatles up. Even though they were not the band's true vision most of the Capitol albums are actually still quite good. I recently picked up the U.S. albums set and the only album that I'm not super crazy about is the Help Soundtrack. First generation U.S. fans aren't happy with the set though because for the most part the Dexterised mixes from the initial Capitol releases are gone. Occasionally an alternate take would be sent over to the U.S. most likely in error. So I believe they still kept tracks like that on the new Capitol reissues. One of the most notable ones is the stereo version of "I'm Looking Through You" which has two false starts.
- Re: The U.S. version of Revolver - **Only Sleeping** - Apr 3, 2014 at 10:35:21 AM
- Re: The U.S. version of Revolver - **superfan** - Mar 31, 2014 at 7:55:32 PM
- Re: The U.S. version of Revolver - **backbeat** - Apr 1, 2014 at 4:55:08 PM
- Re: The U.S. version of Revolver - **backbeat** - Mar 27, 2014 at 10:40:23 PM
- Re: The U.S. version of Revolver - **Johnny D** - Mar 30, 2014 at 2:54:24 PM
- Re: The U.S. version of Revolver - **JSL** - Mar 28, 2014 at 2:29:33 PM
- Re: The U.S. version of Revolver - **pycb** - Mar 29, 2014 at 11:35:21 AM
Home | Web Chat | Web Boards | Discography | Library | Quiz | Art & Poetry | Links | Store
Produced by Sam Choukri
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated on Apr 5, 2014