The Fall of the Beatles
Posted by **superfan** on Mar 25, 2014 at 9:24:05 PM:
The Beatles influence seems to be over. If you look at the singles/album chart, it has reverted back to the time before the Beatles- singles are now written by committee, by several people, the era of the singer/songwriter is over. Popular acts like Rihanna, Katy Perry, the popular ones don't write their own songs anymore. The Tin Pan Alley approach seems to be back, professional songwriters like Max Martin, Dr. Luke, and the ubiquitous Ryan Tedder seem to dominate now. Groups like the Beatles are no longer superstars. U2, a group that Bono commented that "John Lennon invented" hasn't had a TOP 10 hit since 1997.
It looks like the influence of the Beatles is finally coming to a close.
- Re: The Fall of the Beatles - **Beatles Fan Robert** - Apr 1, 2014 at 2:59:38 PM
- Re: The Fall of the Beatles - **Johnny D** - Apr 2, 2014 at 12:12:13 PM
- Re: The Fall of the Beatles - **Johnny D** - Mar 27, 2014 at 12:51:38 AM
- Re: The Fall of the Beatles - **backbeat** - Mar 26, 2014 at 11:26:52 AM
- Re: The Fall of the Beatles - **backbeat** - Mar 27, 2014 at 8:16:53 AM
- Re: The Fall of the Beatles - **JSL** - Mar 26, 2014 at 5:25:41 AM
Home | Web Chat | Web Boards | Discography | Library | Quiz | Art & Poetry | Links | Store
Produced by Sam Choukri
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated on Jun 20, 2014