Re: The Beatles U.S. albums.
Posted by **JSL** on Dec 13, 2013 at 2:42:23 PM:
In Reply to: The Beatles U.S. albums. posted by **JSL** on Dec 13, 2013 at 2:41:37 AM:
* Just read that next month to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Beatles U.S. arrival, Apple/EMI will be releasing all of the Capitol U.S. albums both in box set form and for a limited time individually. I know that two sets of the U.S. albums were released a number of years ago so for those who are looking to buy the remaining ones it's neat that you don't have to rebuy the previous CDs to get them.
* And all the albums have both the stereo and mono mixes on one CD which is something I felt should've been done with the 2009 UK album remasters.
* I don't know if I'll be buying any of these when they come out. I can understand though why American fans who were around at the time might want these albums on CD for nostalgia purposes.
* And for the U.S. albums that were already released on CD in the early 2000s, I wonder if any new remastering was done. Because if I remember correctly a lot of the mixes are somewhat different than the UK versions.
Also another interesting tidbit is that the Butcher Cover will be used for Yesterday and Today.
- no followups have been posted yet...
Home | Web Chat | Web Boards | Discography | Library | Quiz | Art & Poetry | Links | Store
Produced by Sam Choukri
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated on Dec 13, 2013