Re: George Harrison, Brainwashed.
Posted by **Only Sleeping** on Sep 28, 2013 at 3:45:35 PM:
In Reply to: George Harrison, Brainwashed. posted by **The Duke** on Sep 26, 2013 at 8:03:54 AM:
* Hey guys! I haven't been posting a lot lately. Life, you know, gets busy sometimes.
* But I want to share this "new " discovery of mine.
* I've never been big on George's solo work. I've always found him ego-centric, pompous, and preachy. Not good Rock'n'Roll.
* I'm listening to his "Brainwashed " album for the first time.I've made it through the first few songs, and, hey, a breath of fresh air!
* The theme has been, so far, spiritual in nature, after all, this is George, you know!
* The music is upbeat and pure in execution. The lyrics are deep, and surprisingly gentle.
* While it is not a masterpiece, it is masterful effort from a master of the trade.
* If you haven't already checked it out, you're missing out!
* The gem so far is the opening track "Any Road ".
I like the album.Also A.T.M.P. 33 1/3,Living In Material World George Harrison and Cloud Nine
- no followups have been posted yet...
Home | Web Chat | Web Boards | Discography | Library | Quiz | Art & Poetry | Links | Store
Produced by Sam Choukri
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated on Sep 28, 2013