Re: Ham & Cheese Omelette
Posted by **SurSteven** on Jun 16, 2013 at 1:35:49 AM:
In Reply to: Ham & Cheese Omelette posted by **The Duke** on Jun 14, 2013 at 8:17:15 AM:
* Is what my manager chose to put on special.
* I made a half hearted protest.
* Why? Those sell well already.
* I'm gonna have to sync her in to my method :
* Put on sell those items that there is an overage of product, or is approaching discard date to ensure fresh product, and prevent waste expenditure.
* Like pork chops. We get them frozen by the case, and that means a six month shelf life, but they don't sell so well, because the price is necessarily high. Put them on special, and they're hot! That way we break even - make a few pennies even, on product that otherwise would be consigned to the dumpster and become an unrecoverable expense '.
* Putting eggs on special? I give 7¢ for an egg, and sell it for $1.65 all day long. That comes with grits and two slices of toast, increasing my cost by 12¢…but, still! ). My biggest seller, and highest mark up.
* She's cutting into my profit margin now.
* But I let her do it. Maybe she knows something I don't.
* Or maybe I need to renegotiate her bonus package. That might bring her in line.
Have you ever watched Restaurant Impossible on The Food Network?
A lot of neat stuff to be learned there!
- Re: Ham & Cheese Omelette - **The Duke** - Jun 16, 2013 at 7:40:09 AM
Home | Web Chat | Web Boards | Discography | Library | Quiz | Art & Poetry | Links | Store
Produced by Sam Choukri
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated on Jun 16, 2013