Re: Is This What You Envisioned?
Posted by **Johnny D** on Jun 13, 2013 at 11:43:18 PM:
In Reply to: Is This What You Envisioned? posted by **murray** on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:18:28 PM:
* Obama taking actions which receive enthusiastic cheers from the likes of John McCain and Lindsay Graham, people who have frequently labeled as warmongers by the left?
*Even Bill Clinton chimed in to agree with McCain that Obama's failure to take more drastic measures could end up painting him as a wuss...
*Is this what you signed up for in 2008?
*Is this yet another thing to be placed in the 'It's all for the greater good' file?
*Does this give you another reason to feel proud that you voted for Barack Obama?
People wanted a black president. Obama was th one that got past the rest. So, it was him or no black president, plain and simple. I have always said that any job should go to the best person, regardless of skin color, which works all ways of course. But to have what many black people did, JUST vote for the black guy, (whoever that would be), is just what could be called doing what the whites did and many still would, which is JUST keep voting for the white guy.
The odd thing is, they didn't get a full black person anyway. But settled on Obama as a still a symbol of a black president, to just get him in, regardless. All who JUST wanted a black president, and didn't check out his Chicago past and much inexperience in general, got what they voted for, JUST a black president. Half that at that. I was rooting for him, although I didn't vote for him. I don't buy into the hype of a good speech. I just didn't think he was ready to take on the real leaders of this country. And, I don;t like the Chicago way of his and others. Although Washington is worse!
Lesson learned by those types of voters though, who will vote JUST based on skin color? Probably not.
- Re: Is This What You Envisioned? - **murray** - Jun 13, 2013 at 11:59:44 PM
- Re: Is This What You Envisioned? - **maclen909** - Jun 14, 2013 at 8:18:23 AM
- Re: Is This What You Envisioned? - **Johnny D** - Jun 14, 2013 at 12:09:18 PM
- Re: Is This What You Envisioned? - **Johnny D** - Jun 14, 2013 at 12:32:50 AM
- Re: Is This What You Envisioned? - **murray** - Jun 14, 2013 at 12:53:14 AM
- Re: Is This What You Envisioned? - **Johnny D** - Jun 14, 2013 at 2:04:23 AM
- Re: Is This What You Envisioned? - **Old Flat Top** - Jun 14, 2013 at 7:59:07 AM
Home | Web Chat | Web Boards | Discography | Library | Quiz | Art & Poetry | Links | Store
Produced by Sam Choukri
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated on Jun 17, 2013